KCMS Resolution Goes to HOD-Read it Here!
KCMS is proud of the efforts initiated by Dr. John Christensen, MD and the KCMS Board which resulted in a successful Resolution passed by the ISMS House of Delegates on April 19, 2015. Dr. Christensen brought an issue regarding what he considered to be unfair practices by a major insurance carrier to the attention of KCMS. It was deemed to be of significance to the broader physician community and therefore worthy of creating a resolution that could be considered by the ISMS House of...
Resources to Combat Opioid Misuse, Abuse and Overdose
The Illinois State Medical Society is committed to promoting safe and appropriate opioid prescribing for treating chronic pain. Recently the Illinois Pain Institute created a pain management education piece that ISMS has incorporated into its resources. You can find the CME course under, ...
The Year in Review
The Kane County Medical Society had a very good and productive year.
- In March Dr. Patrick Para was the guest speaker at our monthly membership meeting. Dr. Para shared his expertise on the topic of "Breast Cancer- Is Screening a Waste of Time' while 40 of our members and guests enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Chez Moi in Geneva. Also in March, KCMS once again published the annual "Medical Resource Guide" that was part of the Daily Herald...
Now's the Time to Join the Medical Society
- Are you a physician (M.D., or D.O.) working or living in Kane County?
- Are you currently NOT a member of the Kane County Medical Society?
- Have you ever wondered what you could do to improve your working situation?
- Do you often feel powerless or feel that you have no control over what's happening in medicine?
- Do you...
2014 Update on ISMS Legislative Activity in the IL General Assembly
A Message from William McDade, M.D., Ph.D
Illinois State Medical Society
As a member of the Illinois State Medical Society, you know that your dues dollars support ISMS' legislative advocacy on behalf of physicians. You probably also know that ISMS is the only organization representing physicians of all specialties across Illinois.
What you may not know however, is the large scale and wide...
Why Become a Member of KCMS?
Physicians are stronger when united. The Kane County Medical Society (KCMS) along with the Illinois State Medical Society (ISMS) unifies physicians from all specialties and practice settings and provides valuable tools that not only engage physicians in positive settings but supports them in their practices. ISMS is the only organized medicine group that advocates for doctors...