Kane County Medical Society Membership Advantage
What is the benefit of belonging to the Kane County and Illinois State Medical Societies? First and foremost, your county and state medical societies are at the forefront of issues affecting Illinois physicians. When you join the Kane County Medical Society you connect with hundreds of physicians throughout the county who along with thousands throughout the state are actively seeking to speak up for the rights of Illinois physicians and their patients. Through the power of a collective voice the medical societies are a dynamic force for good for Illinois physicians.
Along with belonging to the largest network of medical students, residents, practicing physicians and retired physicians, KCMS/ISMS membership includes many tangible benefits such as:
(A full description of each benefit appears below.)
- Legislative Advocacy
- Individual Marketing for Members with Free Web Page for Each Physician
- Educational and Networking Opportunities
- Physician Recommendation and Local Marketing
- Physician Newsletter
- Kane County Medical Managers Group
- Disability Insurance Member Discount
- Business Banking Needs through HealthCare Associates Credit Union
- Discounted medical supplies (contact KCMS for details)
- Discounted shredding services (contact KCMS for details)
The Kane County Medical Society represents the interests of all physicians, regardless of specialty, before state governing bodies concerning laws and policies that involve medical practice and patient issues. KCMS regularly interacts with state and national law makers to discuss pending legislation that impacts the practice of medicine. MCMS keeps members informed of pending legislation and encourages all member physicians to become involved in the legislative process by contacting congressional representatives. Physicians may access updated information on current legislation through the Kane County Medical Society website www.kcmsdocs.org or through the Illinois State Medical Society's website: www.isms.org
Free Web Page for Each Member Physician
One of the many benefits of being a KCMS member is having your own webpage on the FIND A PHYSICIAN section of the website. This is a free marketing tool for our members. In order to activate your page, each member physician must register on the webstie with an email address. Once login is acheived, you have the capability of expanding your own page to include practice information, office hours, accepted health plans, and any other information that you desire to post. For those physicians who currently do not have a practice website, this is a wonderful marketing tool for your practice that membership in the KCMS provides.
Educational and Networking Opportunities
Informative and energizing dinner meetings are planned through the year. These meetings are designed with the busy physician in mind. Each gathering is planned to provide our physician members with an opportunity to dine and network with colleagues as well as be offered a relevant educational presentation to assist them with their ongoing educational credit needs.
Physician Recommendation and Local Marketing
Only physician members are recommended when inquires are received into the KCMS office. Members are featured in an annual newspaper insert to honor them on National Doctor's Day. All physicians can be found in our public "Find a Physician" search engine on this website.
The KCMS BULLETIN is published and mailed to each physician member six times each year. This newsletter keeps you informed of timely legislative issues, monthly events, educational programs, and services. Members are welcome to send articles to the KCMS office for publishing consideration regarding practice strategies, announcements, procedures, etc.
Kane County Medical Managers Group
The Kane County Medical Managers Group provides an avenue for practice managers to network and discuss issues that involve office management and practice administration. The Kane County Medical Managers group is open to all medical managers in Kane County. Membership is $75.00 per year and includes all the programs offered.
Member Pricing and Complimentary Products
DocBookMD-HIPAA compliant app for smartphones and tablets which allows physicians to send confidential patient information to other doctors. Free to all members and only available through county medical society membership.
Disability Insurance Member Discount
The Kane County Medical Society is proud to announce a partnership with an agency that has been specializing in Disability Income policies, primarily with physicians, for over 45 years. This coverage will be underwritten through Irwin A. Siegel & Associates, Ltd., with offices in Chicago and Arlington Heights. This agency is offering the members of the Kane County Medical Society the following benefits:
- 20% discount for KCMS members
- The policy cannot be cancelled
- There are no price increases on the policy
- Each policy is tailored to fit a member’s individual needs
- If you are in group practice or hospital group with more than 3 physicians, they would be able to bring the cost of the female physician down to the rates of the male physicians and there would be an additional discount. This is a huge benefit for female physicians as they are approximately 40% higher to insure for disability than their male counterparts.
Your coverage will be of the highest quality and the premium will compare favorably to many plans of lesser quality. What’s more, you will receive this coverage at less than similar plans because you are obtaining it as part of our Medical Society. Call the KCMS office for details.
HeathCare Associates Credit Union
A resource for all of your business banking needs. Low cost and no-fee business accounts, below market and flexible term business loans, and business credit cards with fixed rates and Reward Points.
Discounted Medical Supplies
Contact the KCMS for the latest company to offer discounted medical supplies for members.
Illinois State Medical Society Benefits
How does joining KANE COUNTY MEDICAL SOCIETY and ILLINOIS MEDICAL STATE SOCIETY serve YOUR PRACTICE and YOUR STAFF and save you time and money? Upon joining KCMS and ISMS you will have access to:
Medical Legal Resources
- Members only access to legal counsel.
- Members only free access to online medical library: general office documents available (HIPAA, patient discharge letter, etc), medical practice and contracting resources (“before you sign…”, record retention, etc.) and medical legal guidelines.
Health Policy Research and Member Advocacy
- No-pay, slow pay, overpay and payment recall situations
- Billing, coding and enrollment processes
- Medicare and Medicaid questions
- Audit, peer review and quality assurance issues
- Member only services to improve the business side of your practice
- you sign…”, record retention, etc.) and medical legal guidelines.
- ISMS lobbying team is the leading state health care advocate
- Monitor and improve the regulatory processes
- Influence legislative and regulatory change.
ISMS Benefit Partners:
- Job Target
- CTS Languagelink
- CCPA Purchasing Partners
- JPB Medical Marketing
- Bank of America Practice Solutions
Contact the Illinois State Medical Society for information on these benefit programs (1-800-782-4767, ext. 1470)